Today I want to share with you my walkthrough of the house for sale located at 454 Sumner in Cherokee, Iowa. First, let me just say that this house is very cool. It has so much usable space that the possibilities are endless. At 3,135 square feet, this two-story home has an incredible amount of space. As I walked through the home I found myself thinking about all the things I would do if I owned the home. Of course, there are some updates and upgrades needed for the home but that is what happens when you buy a home that’s been lived in for many generations. The house is solidly built with some unique features.
My Favorite Features
- The “stately” front entrance
- The walkway along the side of the house
- It’s located on a level street (great for kids learning to ride a bike)
- The generous amount of windows allowing in the natural light (I love natural light)
- ALL the original woodwork – unpainted (I stripped the painted woodwork in my house – trust me, it’s a great feature)
- The original woodwork includes built-in bookshelves, storage benches, and buffet.
- Solidly built – I mean you can just feel how solid the house is
- Large sized bedrooms
- Two full bathrooms
- The little sunroom off the living room which originally had French doors (guess what the doors are stored away in an upstairs bedroom closet so you could re-install them!)
- Speaking of closets they are big and you can walk in them (it’s an organizers dream)
- There are original wood floors under the carpet and from the look of the floor in the master bedroom on the main floor, I would guess they are in great shape.
- The house has a full-size basement with huge potential for finishing and putting to use and it has an outside and an inside enclosed entrance.
- The back porch is finished in unpainted knotty pine wood and features an electric baseboard heater to enjoy year round.
- Hot water heater and the Lennox furnace are newer.
- Detached two car garage
If you were to build this house brand new in today’s market you would likely be in the $250,000 range or more. This home is listed at $115,000 so even with some extra investment in updates and upgrades you are likely to come in way under the new build price. This home has so much potential for raising a family and living comfortably. It has super unique features that you might not find in other homes.
I don’t know about you but if you are looking for a well-built home that you don’t mind updating to make it your own, located in great neighborhood in a super community then this home at 454 Sumner in Cherokee, Iowa should be at the top of your to “To See” list. Give Jane Miller at Delta Properties a call today (712) 225-0100 to make an appointment for a showing.